Dirty Laundry - Heidi Cullinan

Released 28th January 2013

OMG… Excellent! Impeccable writing yet again from Heidi Cullinan, with two characters I absolutely adored… both with damaged souls, yet they find a love so selfless it leaves your heart full of warmth and a happy glow all over! *5 Amazing Stars*

A5XgQepCAAILcUz-2-1

Adam and Denver are very different but both very complex characters and yet somehow they compliment each other perfectly, each dealing with their own issues the best way they know how, and the author takes us on a journey with them… delving deep to peel away at the layers of trauma and insecurities and we watch them evolve through understanding and grow through love. Is this a sweet romance? yes it is, but not with out it’s crosses to bear and rivers to cross! and OMG... Wow... this starts off hot and steamy, so get ready with the fan and mister cause it only gets more interesting as you go through the book - with some very kinky and inventive al fesco smexyness!

Adam Ellery is a walking text book on neurosis… if it exists he suffers from it, awake or asleep he lives in fear, his life is ruled by paranoia and obsessive compulsive disorder. and even on medication he is never without the oppressive cloak of anxiety. That is until one night at the local laundromat he is bullied and ridiculed by a bunch of frat boys, high on alcohol and nothing better to do with there time than mind fuck the nerdy faggot with glasses!

This time he is saved from humiliation by a giant of a cowboy who dismisses his tormentors with ease and confidence… cool as you like! This man he desires. This man who is a complete stranger, yet he gives himself to freely, loosing all inhibitions and anxiety with no fear and for the first time someone had taken control of it all and just let him feel!

We met Denver the giant of a cowboy in Second Hand, he is El’s best friend and doorman at Lights out the local gay bar, where Denver makes it his mission to fuck his way through all the twinks that come through the door, never giving them a second thought… and this man never seems to get enough! …Cue *fan* That is until he rescues the cute blond twink who practically throws himself at him and he ain’t saying no even in the middle of the laundromat! This boy… Adam the Entropologist intrigues him, yes, he has quirks and is different from the norm, which Denver puts down to being bullied or mistreated in someway… however, he has his own understandings of fears and abuse and with Adam he just wants to wrap him up in his arms and make it all better!

Adam has an ex boyfriend… Brad, with whom he shared a dorm, along with the rest of The Bug Boys as they were know. Only Brad enabled him, smothered him with smug kindness to the point of stifling… taking away what little confidence he had by constantly reminding him of his illness. Only Brad can’t seem to get it into his head that Adam doesn't want him any more… and yes he is a character I wanted to slap around a few times!!

Denver is the opposite he understands Adam, he doesn't see his quirks as strange and ridicule him and he doesn't see them as an illness. They are just the lovable and endearing qualities of a man he is totally smitten with… Adam is unable to comprehend this and his anxiety and frustrations render him incapable of articulating himself. So with Denver lacking in confidence, thinking himself a brainless muscle man who to Adam is a caring and loveable gentle giant that makes him forget! Phew… they stop! Finding the solution to all this through patience, trust, baring their souls and purging their hang ups… Oh! and lets Not forget the sex! Adam may have OCD and have phobias, but when it comes to sex… it becomes a cathartic experience, they all disappear and he becomes insatiable!

On the back of a good book like Second Hand and with this being the next in the series, you never quite know what to expect. But OMG… Heidi Cullinan, How could I ever doubt you, another one of your books I have read, being unable to put it down until the wee hours. The characters were alive and so well developed I was mirroring their emotions and together, they were just adorable even if a little kinky!… But hey! I do love my smut and it is so very well done too! …Cue *fan* and *mister* The characters disabilities were dealt with in a very touching and heartfelt way which was believable, I don't even begin to understand it all but I could see how all this could work and I loved how they dealt with it individually and together. We also met a new character Louisa, she is a trans but a hell cat if someone upsets her friend Adam, the other characters from the previous book don't play a large role in this one, however we do catch glimpses.

I highly recommend this book, I loved it and if you haven't read Second Hand yet, I would certainly give that a go first before you get to this one, and there are elements of BDSM in this book, but I would call it mild!

This ARC was kindly provided by Riptide Publishing through NetGalle...

...Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews