Once Burned - Jeaniene Frost I am not going to do a long drawn out review of this book, as it has been done so well by so many before me.

I enjoyed this book and I really liked Leila's personality, I think she really grew into herself during the course of the book. Excellent cast of characters, particularly liked Marty.

As it was told purely from Leila's POV with only dialogue from Vald, I felt a bit cheated....I wanted more from him, I wanted to know what was going on in his head?

Also, this is the first part of a series and though we get a happy for now, it is not a HEA as such. This relationship still has so many unanswered questions and like Cat and Bones, their relationship is open to be developed throughout the series, but a Cat and Bones this sadly is not!

I actually listened to this on an audio book and Tavia Gilbert the narrator did an excellent job of Leila's voice and how the hell, a woman makes a sexy Romanian accent as the voice for Vlad so believable is quite something.

I would actually give this a 3.5 rating and reserve judgement for the rest of the series.