Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)

Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) - S.U. Pacat,  C.S. Pacat Compelling Reading...I was totally engrossed from start to finish....5 Fabulous Stars

Photobucket

Captive Prince, literally captivated me! this is amazing storytelling and I can honestly say I picked it up to read and did not put it down until both book 1 and book 2 were finished.....it was 5am, but I was hooked! These 2 books are FREE, yes, can you believe it, such a great story is free to read. The only down side is that there is no news on book 3 yet, however I have noticed that she will be publishing books 1 and 2 shortly in ebook and paperback, with added scenes, so 3 should not be too far behind and I would gladly pay good money for it.

We see this wonderful story unfold from Damen's perspective and it is full of political struggles, atrocious acts of violence and sex (these scenes are not graphic in nature), decadent entertainment, battles, intrigues and mysteries, but it all revolves around Power and the mind games and tactics of the players and pawns. You are constantly riveted to the action and unsure of the direction to which it will next take you. It is unpredictable and not a minute is wasted in this book.

Our two main characters Crown Prince Damianos of Akielos and Crown Prince Laurent of Rabat are pitched right in the middle of the unfolding events and action, they overcome their hatred of each other to tolerate one another and eventually to become friends and confidants. The sexual tension between these two leaves you constantly on the edge, to the point of frustration.......but Ooooh so worth the wait.

The story flows seamlessly and the world building is full of warring Kingdoms, beautiful landscapes and an array of colours, decadent buildings filled with opulence on a grand scale and beautiful people with adorned pets/sex slaves bedecked in gold and jewels. Ohhhh and the characters, easily recognised with their personalities and individual voices, my favourite being Laurant, so cool and aloof, with graceful beauty and an air of contempt, arrogant and nefarious in his actions, with each nuance and idiosyncrasy so clear in my minds eye...he is definitely an enigma.

This is a fabulous read, I loved it and I happily recommend it to all of my friends, well...those that have not already had the pleasure of reading it and are also waiting with baited breath for the next book!

For more reviews, please visit...Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews