O Come All Ye Kinky

O Come All Ye Kinky - Sarah Frantz, Kim Dare, Jane Davitt, Joey W. Hill, Katie Porter, Elyan Smith, L.A. Witt, Ava March, Alexa Snow If you want something to warm you up on those cold winter nights, and you like a little kink in your reading, then this is the anthology for you. Great Authors and some very sexy reads!

Photobucket

I sat and read this more or less in one go, loving my window into the authors writings. There is lots of sex, very hot and steamy, which is a bit of a give away with the title! But we are also treated to some tales which vary from the emotional to humorous. Unfortunately the only story I was unable to rate was the f-f, purely from my own reading preference, and not a reflection on the Author.

If I am to chose favourites it would be Joey. W. Hill and Kim Dare, having said that it is only by a whisker, as in all honesty I really enjoyed curling up on the couch and reading to my hearts content!

Tree Topper - Jane Davitt - 3.5 stars

We meet Stan and Martin arguing over the topper for the Christmas tree, Stan is behaving like a petulant child that needs a spanking, misbehaving and generally winding Martin up! Six months into their relationship and they both need something to shake them up! Martin is an inexperienced Dom who, when he met Stan thought all his fantasies had come true. Stan is a sub, but with memories of a bad experience with his previous Dom is reluctant to take some of their games further? Somewhere along the line their boundaries between Dom and Sub had merged, leaving neither in the role they want or need. A make or break situation ensues and with only two days till Christmas to write out their wants and needs, likes and dislikes and above all agree their rules and boundaries.

This is told from Martin's POV, at first I was irritated by Stan but once I understood his story and we had the ever so hot action in the bedroom on Christmas night I definitely warmed to him! What a great read from Ms Davit and it will certainly heat up the coals on a cold winters night!

Twas the Night - Ava March - 4 stars

Percy had received a note from Michael instructing him to go to his Town House on Christmas night for 8pm! Percy, always followed his instruction - no questions asked. He yearned for Michael but thought himself no more than an obedient bed partner, so young and insecure he had no self esteem or confidence and did not see himself as worthy for the successful and handsome Michael.

Percy had a purity of soul, a true submissive, to his parents he is a disappointment, but to Michael he was a gift to be nurtured and cherished. So when Michael asks for Percy's voice as his Christmas gift he was lost!?! He did not know how to voice his wants and needs, he could not even comprehend what Michael was asking for! But Percy trusted Michael and his words touched his heart, Michael did care for him, it was like an epiphany... no guilt, no shame only desire, trust and love.

This is a wicked tale and I loved it! I will be the first to hold up my hand and say, I don't as a rule enjoy Historical Romance! Ha... I was wrong! Ms March I loved your naughty Christmas night in 1820 - London.

Fire Works - Katie Porter

I do not feel it would be fair to rate this tale from Ms Porter, I do not read f-f, it is not something I enjoy, I did read this story but was unable to connect with the characters. Sorry Ms Porter, this is no reflection on your writing, rather my own preference in genre.

Candy Caning - L.A. Witt - 4 stars

Stephen and Nate have been together for four years and each Christmas Eve they visit Nate's parents... and each year they are subjected to the verbal diarrhea from his mother, who is non too shy about voicing her opinion of Stephen.... No prospects, crappy job, oh, and God forbid he has a dragon tattoo!

The prospect of this visit and the of Christmas shopping is putting somewhat of a strain on their prelude to the Christmas festivities.... that is until Stephen spies an extra large peppermint candy cane! He is very mischievous and naughty tempting Nate, who is salivating at the sight of it... but not to get it in his mouth, oh, no, but to feel the sting and burn of it against his skin.

I loved this tale from L.A Witt, two very likeable characters, who after four years together are perhaps in a bit of a routine when it comes to the bedroom! Amazing what a candy cane can do for a little kink on Christmas Eve!!

Submissive Angel - Joey. W. Hill - 5 stars

Robert a vintage Toy Shop owner, had hung up his paddle, his desire for it diminished.... that was until he saw the beaten up, homeless, green eyed with white gold hair, vision of a man bleeding by the dumpster out back, innocently holding a discarded broken toy up proclaiming "I fixed it, Sir"! His name was Ange... French for angel!

Robert tried to resist, unsure of himself, but he was unable to withstand the magnetic pull of Ange's inner sub crying out for Robert to be his Master. Ange had the innocence of a child... a true submissive every action and gesture designed to lure Robert and despite himself his Dom took control!

Robert at nearly 40 and Ange almost 30 were both lost souls, they were perfect for each other and some divine intervention intervened to dispel their demons!

This is Joey W Hill at her best, even in a short this tale is poignantly told, so beautiful in the mind of Robert, every detail brought to life through his eyes. Loved this! Please Ms Hill write more m-m?!?

tumblr_me9kccV6Ul1rosqkjo1_500

Open Return - Elyan Smith - 3 stars

Hannah ran away from her friends and de facto family, all the way to Australia! She was looking for answers.. confused, never fitting in and not knowing who or what she was!

Fifteen years later she returns home as Zach! Fifteen years and what he had been running away from was actually what he had been looking for... his friends Scott and Laura. Without them he had felt empty and lost and with them he was safe and cared for.... but would the two people he could not be without resent him for leaving?

This is an emotional read and I think it would benefit from being a novel rather than a short. There is so much emotion and pain welling inside Zach, mixed up over his sex, never mind his sexuality! I really connected with him, felt his confusion... however, for me there was a bigger picture that I was missing out on, which might have helped me connect with Scott and Laura - I needed more from them, some compassion and understanding! This would be a great novel as the writing is excellent, but as a short I was frustrated.

Ring out the Old and in the New - Alexa Snow - 4 stars

Evan was attacked, a senseless crime that left him facially scarred and internally unable to face the world. It affected his life to the point where work was impossible, afraid and humiliated for people to see his scar and paralysed by the fear that still existed... making his relationship with Russell tentative at best! At one time Russell's commanding tones would have had him on his knees in typical submissive pose... now he was lost. Lost to himself and to the man he loves, unable to get past the night that changed him physically and mentally.

Loved this short... both great characters. Russell so understanding and compassionate, he is the perfect Dom, caring and nurturing his sub back from the darkness that had consumed him and - Evan, trusting Russell to take care of him, giving Evan permission as such to move on!

Chance - Kim Dare - 4.5 stars

Everyone deserves one last chance, We have until Midnight tonight. Pentworth Hotel. Suite 501. NOW

Drew had screwed up badly by suggesting to his friends that his Master was "not romantic", a statement that was overheard by Kingsley. Drew was desperate to please his Master and atone for his transgression. Whilst Kingsley was also keen to assure Drew that even though he was a Dom and self control was paramount... he cared for Drew, loved him in fact and wanted this chance to prove his worth as a Dom and a lover!

As this is told in alternating POV's as readers we can quite clearly see these two characters love each other, even if it was the realisation that they may lose one another that brought it to the fore. The Challenge is to convince the other before midnight! and what a kinky romantic night it was!

What a finale to this great anthology, Kim Dare you never cease to bring the oh so very sexy Alpha and extremely hot Dom to your books. Love it.

Arc Courtesy of Riptide Publishing via NetGalley