The Flesh Cartel #3: Choices - Rachel Haimowitz, Heidi Belleau This series continues to exceed my expectations ~ Rachel Haimowitz and Heidi Belleau - you are Brilliant! The whole concept of this series, characters and world building is truly Amazing... you have us by the proverbial balls and you ain't letting go any time soon!

tumblr_lzpyzoFErk1qcla2no1_400

Before reading

I have just picked up this book to start reading Season 2 of this amazing series and just reading the blurb from the previous two books was like being punched in the chest all over again... I can already feel the tears pricking in my eyes!

I am so excited to read this, but apprehensive at the same time... you see I find myself thinking of Mat and Dougie occasionally, they slip into my mind when least expected causing a rush of adrenaline and anxiety... I want to know how they are, how they will fare with the formidable Nikolai Petrovic... but at the same time I do not want to flick to chapter one! Mat and Dougie have found a place in my heart and as much as I am in awe of Ms Belleau and Ms Haimowitz writing... I am scared!

I know they are going to take me on a journey in Season 2 where I don't want to go... yet I must. I am enthralled by the love the two brothers have for each other and totally gutted at the possibility that the one thing that holds them together may be destroyed and finally break them! My heart is racing in expectation, knowing our writing duo will take us further into the depths of darkness and torture with hope... being the most compelling of all reasons to continue reading...

Review

I read this, not relaxed in the armchair by the fire... No! I was on the edge of my seat, hand over my eyes peeking through my fingers! Wanting to read - Not wanting to read! Tears replaced by anger replaced by tears. My heart breaking for these two Brothers, separated and being broken down, depriving them of the one thing that keeps them alive and gives them hope ~ Each Other!

In this book we get a look into the mind of the Evil. Son. Of. A. Bitch... Nikolai Petrovic. Initially I wasn't feeling cruelty from him, more like detachment and determination for the task at hand. However that small blip didn't last long... common sense prevailed and my mind was soon changed... He is a Sadistic Fuck! Calm and composed, a master manipulator and an expert at mind games. He relishes the challenge and it's all about power... and he is the man controlling it. Mat and Dougie are mere puppets, with him the puppeteer. With the Brothers separated, he is stretching and trying to break the tethered thread that holds them together! Will Mat and Dougie have any resolve left when Nikolai is so expertly pulling the strings?

The POV is constantly moving between Mat and Dougie, building the intensity, with each being treated to a different yet equally abominable torture. For Mat it is more of the same... used and abused by every horrific act of debasement thinkable... How clever of Nikolai, he uses pain and torture and sexual abuse to the extreme, with no let up, no relief and no break... it was constant! He wants him angry, he wants him to suffer and he wants to be the saviour to control the animal inside Mat wanting to Kill. But he has more to control Mat, he has Dougie... surplus to requirements but the key to ensure he meets his objective... to train Mat to the specific requirements of his client and Dougie will be his leverage to guarantee his success. Failure is not an option, he needs to break down Mat... but not render him completely broken.

Meanwhile, the man I want to KILL! is using psychological torture on Dougie, breaking him down by sensory deprivation, in a room with nothing!... picking at his mind and sanity. Dougie is not strong like Mat, mentally he is weak... he needs Mat and Nikolai will use this weakness to drive a wedge between them with Nokolai again being the saviour. He wants Dougie needy... he sees the submissive in Dougie and his inner sadist is salivating at the thought of Dougie prostrate at his feet, the perfect slave!

We do get a tiny, minuscule glimpse of compassion from Nikolai and it makes me wonder where the authors will take that... Dougie maybe!?! and if so... how the hell are Rachel and Heidi going to endear us to such a heinous character? I have given up trying to anticipate where we will be taken next on this journey with Dougie and Mat, whatever scenario I try to envision in my head is destroyed by what actually happens! It is completely unpredictable never knowing where, what or how... the only thing we can guarantee is that whatever happens it is a living hell for both the Brothers and for us!

I have a Love ~ Hate relationship with both the series and the Authors ~ Love to Hate them and Hate to Love them! the impact of this series on your heart is immense... Mat and Dougie are so embedded in my mind, they have crawled under my skin and I feel every abominable act of abuse meted out as fun or punishment! Yet I am addicted, I can't help myself... I keep asking myself WHY!... do I put myself through this pain? I have come to the conclusion, I must be a masochist because I want more!

This is the third book in the series, before reading this check out...

The Flesh Cartel #1
The Flesh Cartel #2

This ARC was provided by Riptide publishing through NetGalley... Thank you so very much!

For more reviews, please visit...Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews