Plays Well With Others - Brynn Paulin Captivating retelling of the Fairy Tale Story of "the Ugly Duckling" charmingly incorporating a Dom and Sub TPE Relationship! WOW!..loved it...

Philip-Damon-Baker-Homotography-18

After my more recent reads, this book by Kim Dare was a breath of fresh air ~ How? you might ask is a TPE BDSM novel a breath of fresh air?.... well, the relationship between our two MC's Ori and Raynard, was so sweet in it's rendition, full of deep awareness and tender love, told from both POV's. This was not crude, degrading or humiliating in anyway, they had nothing but respect and complete understanding of their duty and responsibility as a Dominant and a Submissive.

Ori and Raynard are two halves of a whole, they complete each other, fitting together so perfectly that nothing in the past or present could influence or change the perfection of what they were together...

Ori grew up in the Foster Care system, with no sense of belonging, not knowing compassion or love and not knowing his true place in the world, always feeling like an outsider - trying to fit in. When Ori stumbles on the nest, the elders are unsure of his true avian species and thinking him "a rather ugly little duckling!" They put him to work in The Gentleman's Club where he works as a servant - to be used and abused, servicing the men of the nest. Cruelty and general sadism metered out to him as a "no-one", even in the eyes of the elders, he is so far down the bottom of the hierarchy, he does not exist!

Despite this treatment Ori feels no malice, he is content in knowing he has a purpose and is happy to carry out any task asked of him, wanting only to become part of the shifter community and... please. Ori has such a sweet and gentle nature, humble and obedient knowing what is expected of him and happy to obey.

When Frederick Reynard, a high ranking Hawke, witnesses the Crows at the Club tormenting this pretty fledgling, so vulnerable and susceptible to their taunts, he is furious and offers Ori a place within his own household, one that he has recently inherited from his late Uncle and is in need of a complete overhaul, a task which Ori takes on with enthusiastic pleasure. But despite Reynards honourable intentions towards Ori, he is drawn to him, seeing his true submissive nature, so innocent and humble with no expectations or demands, Ori seeks only approval from his Master.

Ori, so wide eyed and innocent is in awe of Raynard and worships him adoringly, he is happy and his whole purpose in life is to please his Master, taking comfort and filling him with joy, when his Master praises him. Raynard has such gentle sensitivity, he sees Ori's true nature and embraces it, nurtures it as a gift, not something to abuse or revile but something to cherish. For Ori, such a gentle soul, submission was natural, he was at peace and his Master was "home".....

But when it is time for Ori to return to the Nest for his first full shift, the outcome is not as expected and what follows broke my heart!

The most valuable possession my master owns is his submissive. I will take great care that no harm comes to my master's submissive whenever he is not there to watch over me himself..........

If you read this book the above will have you in tears! Yes...thats right big fat tears! All my mothering instincts wanted to delve into the pages of the book and wrap Ori in my arms and envelope him with LOVE. What great characters these two were, a testament to the writing that I was so wrapped up in them, at one point I did not want to read any further for fear the outcome would not be to my liking!

Needless to say I loved this book, I was totally engrossed and the story was compelling. I did have a couple of issues with grammar and format, a few times I had to go back and make sure I had read correctly, but I am a numbers person not a words person so no expert there! I was also left with questions that were not really answered as in, how did Ori know he was a shifter? how did he find out about the Nest? Raynard was a Dom, had he had previous subs? if so what happened? perhaps more background and world building would have helped. Other than that a great read and would highly recommend to anyone wanting to try a novel with m-m BDSM and TPE with some very HOT man on man smexy loving. Definitely not hardcore just a beautiful romance, that will definitely require tissues!

For more reviews please visit... Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews